Green Gherkin London Town Looking back with rose tinted glasses Finsbury Circus Routemaster Abandoned The number 15 Trafalgar Hustle

"Down the Alley"

  • Saturday 4 September 2010
  • D|A
  • Labels: , ,



  • Hi everyone, To kick-start this blog, I thought i'd start with a framed picture of "Down the Alley."

    This picture was taken in the daylight (about 3 pm) in Wapping. The picture was converted via Gimp and made with a fog / smog effect. I wanted to create the impression of smog travelling through the arches.

    As Wapping was one of the old Victorian backstreet haunts and has a strong maritime tradition, I really wanted to recreate the atmosphere one would associate with that time. More pieces in and around Wapping can be found at my website: Richard Ray --- Art and Photography. Please take a look.

    You can buy this picture from me by following this link.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    (c) Copyright 2010 Digital Art. Blogger template by Bloggermint